CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
Helping Your Kids Lose Weight
1. Make losing weight a family affair. Rather than just concentrating on your teen, try to adopt healthy habits as a family. Eating healthier foods at home and getting more exercise is good for the whole family. Try to encourage family members to eat more fruits, veggies and whole grains.
Prepare menus that contain healthy food groups to ensure that your family is getting all the nutrients that they need. Practice leaving junk food when you do your shopping at the grocery store. Healthy foods may sometimes cost you more, but it' is worth investing in as it concerns the health of your whole family.
2. Allow occasional treats as a break from the usual. That late-night pizza with friends or nachos at the mall doesn't need to be totally excluded from your teen's healthy-eating plan. Suggest a healthier alternative instead such as breadstick and marinara sauce instead of garlic bread dripping in butter and cheese.
You can also opt for ordering a shared snack instead of a full-size order to lessen the portions. You can let your teen know that he or she can also have control over his or her eating choices and an occasional indulgence is acceptable. A trend towards developing healthier habits is what really matters rather than banishing your kid's favorite food totally.
3. Plan fun and highly active family outings, such as regular walks at the park or weekend visits to a local recreation center. Such activities can greatly help keep your kids stay active. And not only that, such activities can also be a great way for the whole family to bond and enjoy each one's company.
4. Be positive. With your kids being overweight, their feelings should also be put into consideration. How they feel about themselves can affect their motivation to lose weight. As a parent, you can actually influence how your kids will feel about themselves.
You must help them realize that being overweight doesn't inevitably lead to a lifetime of having low self-esteem. Your acceptance of their condition is critical. Try to listen to your teen's concerns. Provide positive comment on his or her efforts, skills and accomplishments. You must always make it clear that your love and concern is unconditional and that it is not dependent on weight loss.
This will make them more secure as well as confident in trying to motivate himself or herself from losing weight. You can help your teen learn healthy ways of being more open in express his or her feelings.
5. Eat breakfast. This is usually a thing that is lightly taken in many families. But breakfast can really help your teen from keeping off those extra pounds. It may take some constant urging for your teen to get up early for breakfast, but always bear in mind that it is important.
A well-balanced nutritious breakfast at the start of the day will jump-start your teen's metabolism. This meal will be able to give him or her energy to face the day ahead. Even better, feeling full each morning before going out of the house may keep your teen from eating too much during the rest of the day.
These are just a few of the many things that you can do to help your teen from getting rid of excess pounds and keeping it off. It may take a bit of work on your part. But the rewards can be seen in knowing that your kids are learning to live a healthier lifestyle and grow and develop into healthy adults.
Selected ArticlesHelping Your Teen Lose Weight
Weight Loss Plan For Teens
Weight Loss Pills For Teens
Adolescence And Weight Problems
Weight Loss For Teens
Healthy Way For Teens To Lose Weight
Dealing With Fast Weight Loss Programs And Surgeries For Teenagers
Exercise Is The Best Way To Lose Weight
Weight Loss For Teen Girls That Don't Work
A Teen Weight Loss Success Story
Something Good And Free Came Out Of The Internet
Modern Teens Face More Than Hormonal Changes
Reality Of Fast Weight Loss
The Involvement Of Schools In Teen Weight Loss
Free Weight Loss Program For Teenagers
Teen Weight Loss: Taking It Slowly Is Still The Best
What You Need To Know About Teen Weight Loss
Overweight Teens, Marching To Summer Camps
Supplementing Teen Weight Loss
Fast Weight Loss Diet For Teens
Weight Loss Camp Solution For Obese Teens
Helping Your Kids Lose Weight
Weight Loss Diet For Adults Not Right For Teens
Support Your Teen's Weight Loss Struggle