CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
What you need to know about teen weight loss
Today, one of the biggest problems of people—especially by teenagers all over the world—is being overweight or obesity. Too much weight—caused by overeating and lack of exercise—is becoming one of the problems especially of teenagers that cause them to lose confidence.
If you are a parent who has an obese or overweight child and you would want to help him or her to lose weight safe and effectively, here are some steps that you can do:
1. Help your child to come up with a great decision. Losing weight is a decision you must help your child with. The first thing that you can do is to talk to your child. Ask him or her what he or she thinks about herself. If he or she confesses that he/she doesn’t feel good about his or her physical appearance, then its now time to ask your child what he/she wants to do.
Give your child suggestions on how he/she improve herself. Ask him or her if he or she is willing to lose weight and help your child all the way. Once you and your child have made a decision, start plotting your plan on how to lose weight effectively, safely, and the healthy way. Aside from making the major decision whether to lose or nor to lose weight, the decision must also include the full participation of both parties in the agenda.
Aside from assuring your child that that he or she has your full support, it would also be a wise decision if you both formulate a specific plan how you are going to approach this endeavor. The decision will also include the possible resources and strategies you can use.
2. If possible, try to change your eating and exercising patterns together. If you really want to help your child lose weight, you should try formulating an eating and exercise plan that can help him or her lose weight effectively. An effective plan may include eating foods low in fat and low in sugar along with a great deal of regular exercise.
3. Look for nonprofessional support weight loss programs and use them if you can. Today, there are two weight loss programs that most experts recommend: the TOPS or Take Off Pounds Sensibly which is a self-help club encourages parent-child participation and the Weight Watchers. Statistics say that most people who enroll in these programs drop out even before the program ends, so it is very important for parents to guide their children so they won't give up easily.
4. Ask help from professionals and experts that have expertise in cognitive-behavior therapy and weight. Since obesity is one of the major problems of teenagers, more and more psychologists offer their services to help people who are overweight to lose weight.
5. Send your child to high-quality weight loss camps or to residential weight loss programs. Losing weight can be traumatic experience for your child. Giving him or her a fresh new environment to start with can help him or her a lot to pursue the weigh loss endeavor.
Today, there are so many weight loss camps created specifically for those children who would want to lose weight away from the eyes of people who are eagerly and intently watching him or her. In the first few weeks of your child in this new task, he or she may find it hard to concentrate because of the pressure given by the people and the environment. You can help him or her if you look for a safe and clinically appropriate environment that can help her or him focus on losing weight.
Selected ArticlesThe Involvement Of Schools In Teen Weight Loss
Reality Of Fast Weight Loss
Dealing With Fast Weight Loss Programs And Surgeries For Teenagers
Modern Teens Face More Than Hormonal Changes
Fast Weight Loss Diet For Teens
Helping Your Kids Lose Weight
Weight Loss Plan For Teens
Weight Loss Camp Solution For Obese Teens
Weight Loss Diet For Adults Not Right For Teens
Free Weight Loss Program For Teenagers
Exercise Is The Best Way To Lose Weight
Helping Your Teen Lose Weight
Healthy Way For Teens To Lose Weight
Weight Loss For Teens
Overweight Teens, Marching To Summer Camps
Adolescence And Weight Problems
Something Good And Free Came Out Of The Internet
Supplementing Teen Weight Loss
What You Need To Know About Teen Weight Loss
A Teen Weight Loss Success Story
Weight Loss Pills For Teens
Support Your Teen's Weight Loss Struggle
Weight Loss For Teen Girls That Don't Work
Teen Weight Loss: Taking It Slowly Is Still The Best